Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fun Songs to Squeeze

One of my favorite classic songs to make a custom song was a cover of a Neil Young song. We covered Cinnamon Girl to make it a unique gift of a proposal song. We always loved that song. At first, I need to get two guitar sonds to mesh, but still be distinctive. I used a bass drum microphone to mic the one amp, then messed around with a clean, yet still crunchy distortion sound. For the other guitar I used an old Boss pedal, set it to Eddie Van Halen sound, and took off. My brother and I did the vocals in one take. He can really sound like Neil Young as you can hear. I have the lower harmony. Since we have been singing together our whole lives, it was really easy to do. I decided to do the live ending of the song, with the guitar that keeps going. Mixing it was fun, too, and we were really excited about the final product. This song will make a very cool proposal song.