Thursday, July 10, 2008

What it Takes to Write Personalized Wedding Songs

To write custom wedding songs you first need to decide the stye of music you want for the song. Then you need to decide the important facts on the history of the couple you want to highlight in the song. I chose a "sappy" ballad for this custom wedding song. It kind of goes along the lines of "The Flame" by Cheap Trick. I recorded the first two acoustics in stereo. Then I did the drums and bass. I decided to put a little more "umph" in the chorus by recording a distortion rhythm guitar. I like it so much, I decided to keep the part in the whole song. I turned it up for the choruses, and held it back some during the verses. I didn't do a lead on this sample, but I think I will for the real recording. Then my brother sang the lead and harmonies tracks. I didn't sing because my head has been hurting form encephalitis a lot.
I originally wrote the song for our friends Todd and Shirlee. I decided to make it a sample that can be used for a personalized wedding song. The actual song that is a customized wedding song turned out great.